AODFCU’s “Tips for Success”
- Slow down your spending. Leave extra cash at home, don’t buy on impulse, and don’t borrow from friends or get advances on your paycheck.
- Start the savings habit. It is recommended that adults save at least 10% of their before-tax income, but it is important to pick a dollar amount you can realistically save each month and stick to it.
- Look at savings as paying yourself first. Every time you get your paycheck save a portion of it. Increase the amount you save every time you get a raise or pay off a loan.
- Save automatically. When you have a job, you can do this easily by taking advantage of direct deposit at AODFCU.
- Have an emergency fund. If you have a car or other financial responsibilities, you’ll need an extra cushion of savings to cover unexpected emergencies, such as car repairs.